"Flashy AND protective."
|× 6 × 4|
|1800 hp (1260 hp )|
|Absorbs 90% of physical damage|
Restores sanity over time
Stacks up to
|Does not stack|
The Thulecite Suit is a craftable Item found in the Ancient Tab. It requires 4 Nightmare Fuel, 6 Thulecite and an Ancient Pseudoscience Station to craft. It also has a 33% chance to be found inside a Large Ornate Chest. Like all items from the Ancient Tab, Thulecite Suits cannot be prototyped and Characters always need to be near an Ancient Pseudoscience Station to craft them again.
When equipped in the chest slot, the Thulecite Suit acts as an Armor that will absorb 90% of physical damage and has 1800 Durability. While equipped it also increases the Character's Sanity by 3.3 per minute.
Since Thulecite is not renewable only a limited number of Thulecite Suits can be crafted.
In the Reign of Giants DLC (RoG), players have a small chance of finding Green Gems inside Tumbleweeds, thus making Thulecite Suits renewable, since more Thulecite can be gained with the use of Construction Amulets and Deconstruction Staves as described below.
In the Shipwrecked DLC, Thulecite Suit, along with Thulecite Crown and Thulecite Club, can be obtained from the Slot Machine or Chest of the Depths as a possible reward. An X Marks the Spot treasure chest found through a Message in a Bottle also has a chance to contain these items. Since Dubloons required to obtain loot from the Slot Machine are renewable, Thulecite equipment is also renewable in Shipwrecked.
- While providing slightly less protection compared to the Night Armor and Marble Suit, the Thulecite has more Durability and no drawbacks, making it more favorable to craft.
- Unlike Dress items, wearing the Thulecite Suit to regain Sanity will not decrease its durability, allowing infinite Sanity regeneration, as long as players don't get hit enough for it to break.
- It is possible to use a Construction Amulet to craft 5 Thulecite Suits for 15 Thulecite, then use a Deconstruction Staff on those 5 Thulecite Suits to get 30 Thulecite back for a profit of 13 Thulecite (the Amulet costs 2 Thulecite). Doing this multiple times makes it possible to collect big amounts of otherwise non-renewable Thulecite from a few Green Gems.
- The Thulecite Suit was added in the Moderately Friendly Update.
- Like all other chest slot Armors, this Suit also makes a slight noise while the player is moving with it equipped.