|This article is a stub. You can help Don't Starve Wiki by .|
Maxameleon is a chameleon that can be seen at the beginning of the game, exclusive to the Hamlet DLC. It takes the role of introducing the player to the world just like Maxwell, to whom this name might be referencing. After the intro scene it can be examined before it disappears.
Upon greeting the character
- "Nice two point landing... Out of ten that is."
Upon greeting Wormwood
- "Get moving, tree. Chop, chop!"
- Maxameleon's design is based on the veiled chameleon.
- Wickerbottom refers to Maxameleon as a "Chamaeleoninae Evaporatus", Chamaeleoninae being the biological classification for chameleons. "Evaporatus" may refer to it disappearing after the intro.
- Maxameleon's name is a portmanteau between the words "Maxwell" and "Chameleon".